Eye Care Insurance
There are two type of health insurance that will help pay for your eye care services and products. You may have both and our practice accepts both: (please call if you do not see yours listed as we take many insurances)
- Vision care plans (such as VSP, Eyemed, and Blueview)
- Medical insurance (such as Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, United Healthcare etc…)
Please read the following information concerning the logistics of using insurance:
- Vision care plans only cover routine vision exams along with eyeglasses and contact lenses. Vision plans only cover a basic screening for eye disease. They do not cover the diagnosis, management or treatment of eye diseases.
- Medical insurance must be used if you have any eye health problems or systemic health problems that have ocular complications. Our doctor will determine if these conditions apply to you, but some are determined by your case history.
- If you have both types of insurance plans it may be necessary for us to bill some services to one plan and other services to the other. We will use coordination of benefits to do this properly and to minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
- We will bill your insurance plan for services if we are a participating provider for that plan. We will try to obtain advanced authorization for your insurance benefits so we can tell you what is covered. If some fees are not paid by your plan, we will bill you for any unpaid deductibles, co-pays or non-covered services as allowed by the insurance contract.